Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(Solution) Unable to log in automatically with set credentials? Try this.
Thanks first of all to Michael Scholz from ASG for the quick responses Smile

A few of my colleagues and I have had an issue which suddenly plagued our beautiful first wold, comfortable double-click-and-login-automatically feature. It required us to type in our passwords, something we weren't used to for a while. Sometimes even our usernames! And the domain!

If your ASGRD folder tree looks something like ours, with multiple levels of folders filled with servers, and your credentials aren't being inherited cleanly, try the following.

Note: You need to be in the admin group to enable this option.

There's this beautiful setting called "MultiEdit Connections..." just under "Properties...".
It looks just like the properties menu, with some extra options.

We solved our problem by checking the "Set Usage" and "Credentials" check boxes. For "Set Usage" we selected "Personal". As for the "Credentials", we selected our credentials for that specific environment.

One "OK" later, everything was back to normal.

I hope this helps anyone who's suffering from having to type on a keyboard Wink

Edit: As far as I can tell, this is basically just forcing inheritance to work
Isn't working for me. No matter what I do, double clicking is not working for me. I am getting Windows Security prompt showing my logged in user account and password box.
Single Sing on using Remote Desktop Connection Manager v2.7 works flawlessly with my admin login credentials but couldn't get it to work on ASG-Remote v11.0.6104.1. It is working for one user who initially installed ASG-Remote but not for rest of the users. We have SQL database backend.
Can you tell me how you configured your connection / credentials in detail? Just to tell me that it is not working is not easy to support...

Did you assign creds for connection? With checkbox "SingleSingOn"? Is it working without "SingleSignOn"?
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(28-11-2018, 09:38 AM)DevOma Wrote: Can you tell me how you configured your connection / credentials in detail? Just to tell me that it is not working is not easy to support...

Did you assign creds for connection? With checkbox "SingleSingOn"? Is it working without "SingleSignOn"?

We login to ASG database using my regular windows account.
Created a Credential for my admin account which I use to login to servers. Selected username from AD lookup window, entered password, & domain. 
At the root Connection level, right click select MultiEdit Connections..." just under "Properties...".
Checked the "Set Usage" and "Credentials" check boxes. For "Set Usage" selected "Personal". As for the "Credentials", selected credential. I only have one for all servers.

Okay. Thanks for the clue Oliver. In all my settings, I had SingleSingOn check box checked. My assumption was that I need it checked. If it is checked and credentials entered are not the same as logged in windows account, the auto login won't work.
Now I have all my Inherited, Default, & Personal settings setup exactly same with SingleSignOn unchecked since I don't know which one is set to use.
My issue is fixed by rebooting the system with no network connectivity.