Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
rdg through proxy server
Hi,
I am trying to use ASG remote desktop at a customer site to connect to my own environment through my remote desktop gateway.
However they require use of a proxy server to reach the internet.
If I attempt to connect to my remote desktop gateway using mstsc.exe, it uses the proxy configuration of the host (internet explorer) and connects succesfully.
However if I attempt the connection with ASG remote desktop, the connection consistently fails.
I expect that this is because ASG remote desktop does not use the proxy configuration of the host (Internet Explorer) but rather tries to reach the internet directly.
Is this correct, and if so, is there a way to change this behaviour in some way to enable me to keep using ASG remote desktop?

I am using the latest version.

Best regards,
DavyP
Hi,

I probably found the property - it is set currently to a fixed value that could result to use not the proxy. But I can't test it currently - I will try to make it configurable and let you test a private build to see if it is the right property or not - I will let you know when there is a private patch available…
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
New property is not working as expected - if I use another value as currently set I can't connect though RD-Gateway anymore - and as I have no proxy configured it should work…

I can't see any property that could be specified to use a proxy server - so could you please tell which error message do you get?
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
I also recently changed the proxy server and struggled to set it on my computer. I bought some  4g mobile proxy. It had a lot of positive reviews, so I decided to buy some licensed proxy servers. I use the servers for my job, and I can say that the proxies from this website are good. I recently visited websites from different countries, so the websites were loading very slowly using the precedent proxy. Luckily, this problem disappeared.
Any error message?
Regards/Gruss
Oliver