Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Find Items - Remember Settings
Please add feature to remember the "Find Items" window settings when closing ASGRD and recall on launch (per-user).  I have Find Items docked on the left side (narrow), so every time I open the application, I have to undock, change the scope and re-dock.  (There's no way to scroll across the toolbar to set the scope without undocking it.)

It's a minor inconvenience and it would be nice if ASGRD remembered my preference.

Thanks
I'm sorry - but I don't understand your request - all windows are restored in their last position - what do you mean with " change the scope and re-dock. (There's no way to scroll across the toolbar to set the scope without undocking it.)"

Perhaps a screenshot of how it should be and what current status is? Or some more words :-)
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Thank you for your response.  I'll try to explain myself better...

When I launch ASG-RD, my Find Items window is docked on the left side:

https://pasteboard.co/Jdvn3Xa.png

However, the drop-down list for "in" always resets to 'All'.  To change it from 'All' to 'Connections' (my preference), I must undock the window, change the drop-down and then re-dock.  (The undock is necessary because  you cannot scroll to the right to access the drop-down list).

https://pasteboard.co/JdvofQx.png

Once I've made the change, I then re-dock the window on the left side and now I can just type text into the Find text-box to find the connection I want.  If ASG-RD would remember my preference for the "In" drop-down, I wouldn't have to do this on each launch.  (in other words, if I change the drop-down to 'Connections', I would like the application to keep that setting the next time I open the app.)

Hopefully that's clearer now.

Thanks for considering my request!
Ok - understand - we will fix it for the next patch...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Hello.  Unfortunately the old behaviour has returned in the 2021 Find window.  Can the functionality to remember settings be added to the 2021 Find window please?

Many thanks
Steve
Yes sure :-) We will check that...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver