Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connection could not be established
I don't think that it will help for this problem - currently the new version it is not stable enough for Beta - but should be available very soon.

If I read "slow performance / Citrix" - you should check that you have not activated "Tools=>Settings=>Application=>Use exented shortcuts" - this causes a lot of performance issue when used in a Citrix environment...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(30-03-2021, 02:25 PM)DevOma Wrote: Sorry, currently we are in the final development cycle for the version 2021 - after that main release we can try again to find a better solution or just the reason for it... Currently dev is very busy :-)

Hi, Was this fix implemented in any new release since? 
I have check all release notes from V13.0.6888.1 to 15.0.7528.1 and can't see details of it.

Thanks
I don't think so...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(12-09-2022, 02:39 PM)DevOma Wrote: I don't think so...

Thanks, are there any plans to address the problem?
As this fails standard Tiered RBAC models, where you want to separate permissions between end user devices and infrastructure admin access. i.e., you have to give you infra admin account access to an end user device.
We can't reproduce the issue - there are no requirements to have have admin rights on the client to access the database - I never understood what exactly caused the problem - but we have so many customers who don't have the same problem...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(13-09-2022, 07:46 AM)DevOma Wrote: We can't reproduce the issue - there are no requirements to have have admin rights on the client to access the database - I never understood what exactly caused the problem - but we have so many customers who don't have the same problem...

Please take this comment as constructive - You can clearly see from the thread that others have this issue as do we, so saying that many customers don't have the problem does not fix the problem for those that do. If you are unable to replicate it that simply means that not enough information has been collected in order to do so, therefore what other information do you need to collect?

We shall be testing the latest version, as we did not move to version [font=Segoe UI VSS (Regular)', 'Segoe UI', -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, Roboto, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Ubuntu, Arial, sans-serif, 'Apple Color Emoji', 'Segoe UI Emoji', 'Segoe UI Symbol]15.0.74431.1 since that [/font]introduced an issue where ASG would crash when we get to 20-30 connections.
I will try to reproduce it again...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(13-09-2022, 08:42 AM)DevOma Wrote: I will try to reproduce it again...

Let me know if you need any further specific details...
I just read the initial postings again - perhaps we can clarify - there are 2 things in the logon process that perhaps makes a difference.

The environment is configured as a database environment and you choose there how to access the database - you can choose to use a SQL account or Integrated Authentication - if you choose to use "Integrated Auth" the logon to your database is done by your Windows Account! That can differ from the account you are using in the logon dialog - because that user is just the mapping inside the ASGRD database to a user profile.

I think you want to logon to the database using the credentials from the login dialog?!? Is that right? If yes I will try to analyze...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(13-09-2022, 09:35 AM)DevOma Wrote: I just read the initial postings again - perhaps we can clarify - there are 2 things in the logon process that perhaps makes a difference.

The environment is configured as a database environment and you choose there how to access the database - you can choose to use a SQL account or Integrated Authentication - if you choose to use "Integrated Auth" the logon to your database is done by your Windows Account! That can differ from the account you are using in the logon dialog - because that user is just the mapping inside the ASGRD database to a user profile.

I think you want to logon to the database using the credentials from the login dialog?!? Is that right? If yes I will try to analyze...

Hi
Yes, we are using a SQL DB, and initially we had used our mail accounts to access - which had the appropriate permissions to view the DB's by group membership. We also used the "Integrated" option on login so that it would pass through the mail account credentials at the ASG login. 

We wanted to enforce a "privilege escalation" so every one who had access also had an ADMIN account. This account was added to the same groups that their mail accounts were in, and instructions were to uncheck "Integrated" and enter the ADMIN credentials at the ASG login. 

Next step was to remove the mail accounts from the groups which was done, and that's where the login stopped working - giving access denied prompt. 
We then moved to "Run as a Different user" for the ASG executable, and enabled the "Integrated" credentials at the ASG login, and it granted access.
i dont know if the other customers still have this problem i have forgot to post that we solved our problem with SQL permissions to the users

we give SQL and application permissions via AD-securitygroups.

our Users have two accounts, user and administrator lets call them: Uname Aname

Uname get permissions to connect to the ASG database but dont get permissions to login
that gives us the posibillity to run ASG as the low level user without access to any passwords.

Aname get permission to login and see selected parts of the ASG Database. (cant use integrated permissions)