Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Updating from 2018 to 2022
It seems updating a SQL database from 2018 to 2022 does not work properly  There are mutliple errors connecting after the upgrade (query errors.)   I've since restored, so dont have the exact errors, but was curious if this is a viable path, or if I should do 2019, 2020, 2021, etc.  If so, where can we get the old versions of ASG?

With the errors, I am able to click past them and I can see my connections, but my personal username/passwords were gone.

Edit: found the downloads in the sticky posts... thanks!
Ok, so 2020 to 2021. At first launch of 2021 I'm getting "An error occured on executing an sql statement" UserGetSid.

This is the same thing that happened when I tried to go from 2018 to 2022. I'm going from the latest patched 2020 to the latest patched 2021. Any ideas?

Edit:
I updated sequentially, until I got to version 2021, then installed patch7. You still get the error when upgrading DB, but apparently this is a known issue. Afterwards, you may get a message about layout that you need to acknowledge. Once acknowledged, everything seems to load fine. I was then able to update to latest version.

Seemingly, going from 2018 to 2022 will result in errors each time you open ASG.... connections will be there, but you may not have your credentials anymore.
It's a known issue that occur in some environments - have a look here, there are sql files that need to run manually in that case

https://remotedesktop.rocketsoftware.com...?tid=12132
Regards/Gruss
Oliver