Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Global Custom Fields
We currently use MremoteNG as RDP Manager.

but are considering switching to your ASG Remote Desktop manager.

What prevents you from switching are your custom fields. we miss being able to add more Global Custom Variables.

Settings=>Variables - and in Tools=>Settings=>Custom Fields

We have relatively many customers in our MremoteNG and we need to be able to create Custom fields variables for all our customers.

Is this a wish that you would be able to help us achieve ?
Hi,

there is no limit in adding variables - for extension of connection and credentials we have 3 "custom fields" that can be named and set.

So you need a "no limit list" for extension values for connections / credentials?!? But how do you use it then??? Just to understand your needs more clearly...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(22-08-2022, 08:27 AM)DevOma Wrote: Hi,

there is no limit in adding variables - for extension of connection and credentials we have 3 "custom fields" that can be named and set.

So you need a "no limit list" for extension values for connections / credentials?!? But how do you use it then??? Just to understand your needs more clearly...

It's not credentials. but ordinary custom fields. We can only define 3 fields.

We use a tcp/udp proxy tool, so we would like to specify one per customer in there.

Then we can call an external program when we start a connection with ASG: 

tcpudpproxy.exe -p %Customer_Proxy01% -h %ComputerName% -rport 3389
Please note that due to human resource constraints the current processing time for support requests can take up to 7 days after receipt. Thank you for your understanding
(29-08-2022, 07:31 AM)ASG RD Wrote: Please note that due to human resource constraints the current processing time for support requests can take up to 7 days after receipt. Thank you for your understanding

Do you have an update on this?
It is on the list - but can take some time

But just to be sure - you need these variables for each connection / credential object? Because we have some global Variables you can define in Settings - the difference is that Variables are system wide - so Administrator can set values and it can be used everywhere - and the Custom Fields are an extension of Connections / Credentials where you can specify some specific information for each connection / credential object - that be used for Sync commands - so you sync some special information when read ActiveDirectory, VMware or whatever and fill these fields
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(21-09-2022, 08:53 AM)DevOma Wrote: It is on the list - but can take some time

But just to be sure - you need these variables for each connection / credential object? Because we have some global Variables you can define in Settings - the difference is that Variables are system wide - so Administrator can set values and it can be used everywhere - and the Custom Fields are an extension of Connections / Credentials where you can specify some specific information for each connection / credential object - that be used for Sync commands - so you sync some special information when read ActiveDirectory, VMware or whatever and fill these fields

This is exactly what we need. It is a huge limitation for the way we would like to use the system.

Do you have a timeline for the implementation?
We will try to implement it - have no timeline, but I think we can have a first preview in the next weeks... I will return to you
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(22-09-2022, 08:43 AM)DevOma Wrote: We will try to implement it - have no timeline, but I think we can have a first preview in the next weeks... I will return to you

it sounds really good. we are very much looking forward to you having made an implementation of it.
Do you have the opportunity to give me an update on when you expect the next version containing the function to be released?

We are waiting for this functionality to purchase ASG Remote Desktop.
I think not before the next main release - normally published Feb/Mar - perhaps we can provide a preview version, but currently we are working on some other important issues
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Hi - just to inform you - we have implemented a first draft of "Additional Custom Variables" - so I can give you a first preview next week I think - sorry for the delay!
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(18-11-2022, 02:07 PM)DevOma Wrote: Hi - just to inform you - we have implemented a first draft of "Additional Custom Variables" - so I can give you a first preview next week I think - sorry for the delay!

It sounds really good.

We look forward to testing the function and testing whether it meets our needs.

We thank you for implementing the function.
Do you have a status on development and the release of the new version?
I send you a PM last week with download link for preview version
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(01-12-2022, 09:47 AM)DevOma Wrote: I send you a PM last week with download link for preview version

Thanks. Sorry, I hadn't seen it.

I'm going to try it out, thanks for the help!