Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ASG Upgrade Issues
Our licence allowed us to upgrade from version 2019, to 2022 which we have packaged up. However I didn’t even get to the stage where I could check if the licence was applied.

After install of 2022 after having 2019 installed I had the below issues.

• No environment configured pop up on first launch. I assume this is because of the second item in my list.
• It creates a new directory C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\ASG-RemoteDesktop\15.0 this is empty. Previously I had C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\ASG-RemoteDesktop\12.0 which contained my files. If I copy the files and then open the app I get the below message which I have clicked No on as I am not sure what this will do and if I will impact anyone else using the application. Is there a way to move the date or upgrade the application and have the relevant files.
• On the screenshot below, what is the impact if I click upgrade or yes on this does that mean if a client is not using the 2022 version of the application that they will no longer be able to use the application 

Please note:
Because of temporary support bottlenecks the current processing time for support requests can take up to 7 days after receipt. Thank you for your understanding
(30-08-2022, 01:00 PM)ASG RD Wrote: Please note:
Because of temporary support bottlenecks the current processing time for support requests can take up to 7 days after receipt. Thank you for your understanding

No problem, if anyone else has experienced these issues feel free to add a comment or two if it might help me get the answers.
The automated transfer of files is only done with one major version between - so in your case you can copy files from old directory to the new one (as you already tried) or you need to configure your environments again

There is no screenshot attached - but I guess it is the upgrade warning? Are you running ASGRD in database mode? If yes you are right that old clients won't be able to access the database after migration

If you need any more help please let me know!
Regards/Gruss
Oliver