Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Linux Login
In our Network are multible OS. One is Windows and the other is Linux. How can i login with ASG to a Linux machine??
Thanks for your help.
Frank
Depends on what software is running on your Linux machine - perhaps you have a VNC component, then you can connect using VNC protocol - else you can use SSH (via Putty) to connect
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
(30-11-2022, 03:13 PM)DevOma Wrote: Depends on what software is running on your Linux machine - perhaps you have a VNC component, then you can connect using VNC protocol - else you can use SSH (via Putty) to connect

There is no VNC component on these servers. When i try SSH the Textbox tells that the application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). The header tells me putty.exe application error.
Is suppose that's because there is no putty client on my machine?
What textbox tells you application was unable to start? And what "header" tells you about putty application error? Sounds really strange...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
The textbox from ASG Remote desktop when i try'd to open a Linux server with protocol SSH. The header is the upperline of the textbox
Putty is part of ASGRD - so it will just run the locally installed Putty from ASGRD installation folder...

You mean the connection window?? Putty is of course plain text running in cmd - do you have configured the server name? WHich version are you running? Perhaps a screenshot that shows your error?
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
Have installed putty client software and now i can connect with SSH and PuTTY.
Thanks sofar!
I can deinstall the extern package of puTTY. IU dind't know that there was a puTTY client within ASG.
Again thank you verry much!
(30-11-2022, 04:02 PM)DevOma Wrote: Putty is part of ASGRD - so it will just run the locally installed Putty from ASGRD installation folder...

You mean the connection window?? Putty is of course plain text running in cmd - do you have configured the server name? WHich version are you running? Perhaps a screenshot that shows your error?

I'm so sorry. I see now that the server is not in the air!! So stupid. I tried another server which is correct and there is no problem with connecting via SSH.
ok
Regards/Gruss
Oliver
I can totally relate to your situation, having multiple operating systems on the same network can be tricky sometimes. But don't worry, I might have a solution for you! To login with ASG to a Linux machine, you need to make sure that the Linux machine has SSH enabled and that you have the login credentials for that machine. Then, simply open up ASG, go to the "Remote Access" tab, and add the Linux machine as a new device. Also, I recently came across an article that talks about Centos 7 end of life, which might be helpful for you to read. The article mentions an app that offers extended support for Centos 7, which could help you keep your system updated and secure.