Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Constant Crashes ASG 2019 RD on Win 10 Pro
Shy 
Windows 10 Pro 22H2. 
ASG Remote Desktop 2019 version 12.0.6504.1 (This was the last / most recent version of ASG 2019 I believe.) is constantly crashing. 
I can not upgrade to newer versions as my company will not pay for the license cost so I am stuck with 2019. But there is absolute no reason it should be crashing constantly. 

From application log:

The program ASGRD.exe version 12.0.6504.1 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.
Process ID: 1240
Start Time: 01d945338387c35a
Termination Time: 19
Application Path: C:\Program Files\ASG-Remote Desktop 2019 (X64)\ASGRD.exe
Report Id: 44a610d2-c5a7-4be7-8c2f-92257ac9e8c8
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
Hang type: Unknown

Every single time it crashes, I get the same message in the application log. 

At the end of the day, I need ASG to provide a patch/fix so I can continue to use the product that I love and do not want to replace. Or if there are no further patches, because of this issue, provide a license to a version that DOES work and does NOT crash. 

I have no issues with anything else crashing. Period. 

Please provide a fix/patch/workaround or please provide me a new license for an updated version at no cost since this happens constantly.
(22-02-2023, 08:56 PM)MightyDuckATL Wrote: Windows 10 Pro 22H2. 
ASG Remote Desktop 2019 version 12.0.6504.1 (This was the last / most recent version of ASG 2019 I believe.) is constantly crashing. 
I can not upgrade to newer versions as my company will not pay for the license cost so I am stuck with 2019. But there is absolute no reason it should be crashing constantly. 

From application log:

The program ASGRD.exe version 12.0.6504.1 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.
Process ID: 1240
Start Time: 01d945338387c35a
Termination Time: 19
Application Path: C:\Program Files\ASG-Remote Desktop 2019 (X64)\ASGRD.exe
Report Id: 44a610d2-c5a7-4be7-8c2f-92257ac9e8c8
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
Hang type: Unknown

Every single time it crashes, I get the same message in the application log. 

At the end of the day, I need ASG to provide a patch/fix so I can continue to use the product that I love and do not want to replace. Or if there are no further patches, because of this issue, provide a license to a version that DOES work and does NOT crash. 

I have no issues with anything else crashing. Period. 

Please provide a fix/patch/workaround or please provide me a new license for an updated version at no cost since this happens constantly.

Windows has suggested to run this in Windows 8 compatibility mode. I will try that and see how it goes.
Hi,

we do not support or provide fixes for older versions - if your company won't buy a license - we can't really help you.

You can just try some common tasks - like rename "profile.xml" - next start (if not crashing) create a new environment... Try to run "As Administrator" - or just try to use it on any other computer...
Regards/Gruss
Oliver